Supervisor Andrew Do
Supervisor Andrew Do Economic Support Grant Program
Andrew Do’s Economic Support Grant Program is designed to assist eligible small businesses (including home-based businesses and independent contractors) and non-profits within the First District of Orange County that have been affected by COVID-19. Funding will be allocated in the form of $10,000 grants.
Supervisor Andrew Do serves as the Vice-Chairman on the Orange County Board of Supervisors. He represents the First District, which includes the cities of Santa Ana, Garden Grove, Westminster, a portion of Fountain Valley, and Unincorporated Midway City.
Application & Grant Selection
By creating a free account on this portal, you will be able to participate in the District 1 Grant Program. If eligible, your application will be entered into the randomized computer-based selection. Once the program closes, you will be notified of your status through this portal and via email. If selected as a grantee, the portal will also be used for notifications and submission of any required documents.
All small business grant awardees are required to spend grant funds on eligible expenses under the Cares Act and document paid expenses with proof of receipts. Businesses are also asked to spend their award on other local businesses and services, when they have the ability.
Application period opens June 26th, 2020
Closes July 31st, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
You will need to register for a FREE Surveymonkey Apply Account or Login with your Google or Facebook Accounts
For assistance or questions please contact: email@example.com
Completed applications must be submitted no later than 5:00pm PST on 7/31/2020 to be entered into the randomized computer-based selection process. Submitted applications do not guarantee funding.
July 13, 2020
3:00pm – 3:30pm English
3:30pm – 4:00pm Spanish
4:00pm – 4:30pm Vietnamese
Please pre-register on Eventbrite using the link below. The informational webinar will be hosted and recorded-live on the Zoom platform. Instructions on how to access Zoom will be provided to those who pre-register on Eventbrite.
- Must be located in one of the following communities within Orange County District 1
- Santa Ana
- Garden Grove
- Midway City (Unincorporated County Island)
- Fountain Valley (Busines location North of Warner Avenue)
- Must fall under one of the following categories
- Traditional Small Business (i.e. not a home-based, non-profit, or independent contractor)
- Home-Based Business
- Independent Contractor
- Business or non-profit must have been impacted by Covid-19, including a reduction in business activity or temporary closure
- Business or non-profit must not have more than 10 FTE (full-time equivalent) employees
- Business or non-profit must be currently operational and must have been operating prior to March 1st, 2020
- Business must be eligible to receive federal funding (i.e. Cannabis-related businesses, gambling facilities, and adult entertainment businesses are ineligible for grant funding)
- Small businesses and non-profits that have received prior Federal and/or State funding (i.e. PPP, EIDL and/or other Covid-19 related emergency funds) are eligible
Businesses and non-profits can use District 1 Grant Program funding on the following eligible expenses:
- Accounts payable
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Office Supplies
- Professional Services (i.e. accounting, janitorial)
- COVID-19 control measures
1. Pre-Application (June 26-July 31st, 2020, no later than 5pm PST)
2. Required Material Upload (June 26-July 31st, 2020, no later than 5pm PST)
- Bank Statements April 2019
- Bank Statements April 2020)
- Employee list (pre-COVID19 list as of February 29, 2020 [template provided]
- Employee list post-COVID19 list as of April 29, 2020 [template provided]
- Planned use of eligible funds* list [template provided]
3. Optional (to verify location of business in D1)
- City Business License/Business Tax ID
- Most Recent Utility Bill
- Invoice from the past 12 months (for independent contractors only)
4. Authorization/Approval for Entry into randomized computer-based selection process (June 26-July 31st, 2020)
5. Randomized Computer-Based Selections (August 1st, 2020)
6. Award Notification, Grant Agreement Completion/Signatures and required material upload (August 1st – December 31st, 2020)
- ACH for direct deposit
- Drivers License or other form of identification
7. Grant Funding Distributed (August 10th – December 31st, 2020)
Completed applications must be submitted no later than 5:00pm PST on 7/31/2020 to be entered into the randomized computer-based selection process.